Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Kit for weddings

I often get asked what essential you should have in your Kit for a wedding.I'm sure I will forget something on the list, so feel free to add in the comments! 
  •  Comfortable shoes (yes you are at a wedding, but your feet will ache at the end of the day) 
  • At least 2 cameras, even if your back up camera is a simple point and shoot, ALWAYS, ALWAYS have a back up 
  •  Lenses, now these are your choice, I always have my wide angle for the group photos, my 18-270 for the ceremony makes sure I can get the brides smile and zoom in on Dad wiping a tear away, and then a prime lens for my bridal portraits. 
  • Batteries, you can never have enough, I have got into the habit of finding a plug point as soon as I get to the venue and plugging my charger in, as soon as a battery dies I put it on there, I also have 8 spares.
  • Memory cards, again, you can never have too many of these
  • tripod
  • reflector
  • a small blanket, just something you can let the bride sit on. (make sure it's a light color, I use a space blanket)
  • A flash gun (I use a speedlight)
  •  A Flash diffuser (I love the Gary Fong one)
  • water, a few bottles to drink!
I then have a bag of "essential goodies" that I take to all my shoots, not just weddings. I make sure everything is super small size in here and refill when need be.
  • Duct tape (Great for everything from fixing broken cameras and taping loose branches out of the way)
  • Various safety pins
  • Various bobby pins and hairclips
  • a nail file
  • a tiny sewing kit
  • breath mints
  • band aids
  • headache tablets
  • hand cream
  • chapstick
  • fingerless gloves
  • hand sanitizer
  • wet wipes
  • tissues
  • A FEW DOLLARS in change (the amount of time I grab my camera bag and forget my wallet, those dollars have helped me get a quick snack)
  • a cereal bar (great for a quick pick me up between shoots)
  • A small sharp pair of scissors
  • a lens cleaning kit
  • a bungee cord
  • A black Sharpie
You can find more about my photography here
Or follow me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment